The Scope of Physics includes the study of definition of physics, knowledge about its history and basic understanding of its branches.The two domains of interest in physics are: Macroscopic and Microscopic.The macroscopic domain includes the study of the phenomena involving objects of finite size on terrestrial scale and even on astronomical scale.This makes up Classical Physics. Most of it was developed up to the year 1900.The microscopic domain includes the study of phenomena involving molecules, atoms, nuclei, electrons and other elementary particles.This makes up Modern Physics. Most of it was developed after the year 1900.
Definition of Physics
Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of Properties of matter,Energy and their mutual interactions.
History of Physics
- The people of Euphrates and Tigris valley were aware of calendar and they had the knowledge of geometry.
- The people of Indus valley were pioneers of decimal system.
- The Greeks are accepted as pioneers of physics as a systematic knowledge.
- Chinese were first to make papytue (paper).
Branches of Physics
The main branches of Physics are as under
- Particle Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Molecular and Atomic Physics
- Plasma Physics
- Astro Physics
- Medical Physics
- Solid state Physics