About Sentence Correction Questions
Sentence correction questions consist of a sentence with part underlined, followed by 4 or 5 answer choices. Your task is to choose the BEST version from the choices given. Sentence correction questions test your knowledge of standard written English.
How to approach sentence correction questions
It would be very easy if you could read the choices and pick the one that sounds best, but the sentences are often very confusing, and most sentence correction questions test more than one grammar point. Therefore, you need a systematic approach as defined below
- Read the sentence carefully and try to spot an error.
- If you can find an error, eliminate the answer choices that contain the same error. (This often removes two or three choices.)
- Go though the remaining choices to find a second error and fix that.
- If you cannot find an error consider option A.
- Finally read the whole sentence with the option you are selecting in place.
Remember that Sentence Correction tests effective expression as well as correct expression, and therefore you should choose answers that are clear and concise.Do our practice tests given in the later section and study the explanations for the ones you get wrong. We have given you practice tests to sort out some elementary errors..