The new system of UG admissions at NUST is being implemented in the year 2013. The salient features of the new system are given below:
· The process of entrance test is delinked from admission process.
· During an admission cycle, candidates can appear in entrance test more than once to improve their score, and apply for admission separately on the basis of best score when applications are invited tentatively in mid July 2013.
· Computer based entrance tests for all disciplines will be held in multiple sessions at NUST Campus Islamabad according to the following schedule:
· First Session (NET 1) – April-May
· Second Session (NET 2) – June-July
Paper based entrance test will be conducted in Karachi and Quetta only once in July.
Candidates who have cleared FSc (Part-I) or O level exam with minimum 60 % marks (or equivalent) are eligible to apply. For detailed criteria for eligibility please visit Undergraduate Admission section.
General Awareness portion in the NET has been replaced with Intelligence test questions having same weighting. i.e. 5%
Processing fee for entrance test and admission will be charged separately according to following structure:
· For NUST Enrance Test
· Entrance Test Fee (per exam): – Rs. 2000/- or USD 25/-
· Admission Processing Fee (per programme) – Rs.1000/- or USD 12/-
· For SAT Candidates
· SAT National seat – Rs.3000/- or USD 35/-
· SAT International seat – Rs.6000/- or USD 70/-
The result of NET will remain valid for the current admission cycle only which will culminate in Fall 2013.
NUST launches new UG programmes
NUST launches two new UG programmes with effect from session 2013 as under:
· Bachelor of Industrial Design (BID)
· BS Accounting and Finance
For any other information, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 051-90851414 and